Monday 24 October 2016

Dry land Praia de Nerga


We had the pleasure of a visit from some more sea gypsies from Preston in the form of Ray and Cath in their yacht "Cady" We enjoyed a good chin wag and showed them quickly around Cangas.


They stayed at anchor for a couple of days and then moved into the marina as the anchorage in the bay opposite the beach is pretty but exposed to a bit of swell on occasion.


Lynns extending network of friends wintering in the area led to a ladies lunch club on friday so I decided to explore the path from Limens to the end of the Ria whilst Lynne and the ladies did their laundry and lunched aboard Dark Tarn.


Confidently setting off with my back up phone I quickly realised that this PAYG model had run out of credit so Wikiloc didnt work. I was forced to revert to more analog processes and trial and error was brought into play, this involved a bit of back tracking but was great fun.


This was my view for lunch. I was enjoying using my rusty pathfinding skills and after an enjoyable couple of hours was rewarded by a view of the beach at Nerga.


This was a stunning  beach running into the naturist beach at Barra. The Guardian newspaper  believes the beach on Islas Cies is one of the best in the world but I think these  run that a close second.


In the above photo the Islas Cies can be seen.


It became obvious that there was a lot more to explore now I had established the path to the beaches at Nerga and Barra. The neolithic ruins of the Facha de Donon was looking interesting as were the lighthouses at the entrance to the Ria. Of course the islands of the Islas Cies were also awaiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment